India is considered as the land of many cultures, religions, customs, languages. Unity in Diversity is the biggest driving force of our country. Every historic thing or place will be remembered for its uniqueness. India, a country of more than 1.2 Billion people has also its own identity across the world. Taj Mahal of India is one of the seven wonders of the world. Similarly, India is known for many other facts.
Here presenting you 12 Interesting facts you didn’t know about India.
1. During the 2008 Mumbai Terrorist attacks, Ajmal Kasab was also charged for not having a train ticket on platform
2. There is a village named “Snapdeal.com” in Uttar Pradesh
This was adopted by Snapdeal, so it got the following name.
3. Bangkok is near to Kolkata than Mumbai
The distance between Bangkok and Kolkata is 1614 km whereas distance between Mumbai and Kolkata is 1658 km.
4. Anyone can get a personalized postage stamp in India.
Click Here to get one.
5. The first rocket in India was transported on a bicycle
It was moved to Thamba Launching station in Kerela.
6. Cows in West Bengal require ID cards
In order to prevent cattle smuggling to Bangladesh, this method was adopted.
7. Till 2011, Kolkata’s Salt Lake stadium was the World’s 2nd largest football stadium with a capacity of 1,20,000 at that time
It is also the largest stadium in India in terms of capacity.
8. USB was co-invented by an Indo-American architect, Ajay V Bhatt
9. Rabindranath Tagore wrote the national anthems of both India and Bangladesh
10. There is a place in India where Men demand gender equality and women rule that place
In Khasi of Meghalaya, children take their mother’s surname and after marriage men move into their mother-in-law’s house.
11. India is the only country in the world to have a floating Post office
It is situated in Dal Lake, Srinagar.
12. Hindi is not our National Language
Fact Source : Being Indian
Image Source : Google Images
How many new facts did you know from this article? Share you views in the comments section below.