Royal Enfield is an Indian motorcycle manufacturing company. It is now a subsidiary of Eicher Motors Limited. Royal Enfield was established in 1893 and is very popular for its Royal Enfield Bullet. It is one of the oldest motorcycle company in the world.
Here presenting you 8 facts you should know about Royal Enfield.
1. Royal Enfield was initially started as Madras Motorcycles
2. It was the first company in India to provide a 4 stroke engine in a motorcycle
3. The first and the oldest plant is in Tiruvottiyur, Chennai
4. It is the first company in India to provide rear disc brakes in 2- wheeler
5. Royal Enfield Bullet (Standard) is the longest running motorcycle which is still in production.
6. Due to its demand in some areas of India, you have to wait for almost a year to get Royal Enfield Bullet after booking it.
7. Royal Enfield bikes are exported to 42 countries around the world including the US, Germany, and Japan.
It sells around 30,000 units every month.
8. In 1994-95, Siddhartha Lal took over as the MD when the company was going to bankrupt state and then the turnover happened.
Image Source: Google Images