Jeans is the most used wearing both by women and men for different purposes. A big advantage with a pair of jeans are we can use it for a week or 10 days without washing and nobody has an idea about it. There are a lot of interesting facts you should know about jeans. Here are 10 of them.
1. Jeans was originally called as ‘Waist Overall’
2. Waist Overall was renamed to Jeans by Levi Strauss
3. Jeans are mostly in Indigo colour because they hide dirt & dust very well
4. Asia produces more than half of the Jeans worn by the World.
5. The orange colored thread is a must for all the Levi Strauss jeans and they even trademarked it.
6. The oldest jeans were made by Levi Strauss & co in 1800’s.
Later it was auctioned in 2005 and was sold for $60,000.
7. Most Expensive pair of jeans is by Dussault Apparel’s Trashed Denim which costs a whooping $ 250,000 = Rs. 1,66,67,500 (approx)
8. Xingtan in China is considered as the Jeans capital of world
9. Lee Cooper started the front zip jeans for women.
Image Source: Google Images